6th Ave Art Studios Presents: A Child's Perspective
6th Ave Art Studios invites artists to participate in our juried exhibit which features art work about children or about the inner workings of your own inner child. The show is for ages 18 and up. The opening will coincide with the Mount Dora Art Stroll on the second Friday of the month. A Child's Perspective opening will take place on Friday, July 14th from 5:30 to 8 pm and the show will hang until August 5th.
Please submit your work by completing the form on this page by July 2nd. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about the submission process.
We encourage artists whose work has been accepted for an exhibition to join us for the Exhibit Opening Reception and Meet the Artist, held on the second Friday of the month from 5:30 - 8:00 pm.
6th Ave Art Studios
Submission Requirements and Artist Agreement for all Exhibitions
• Email submissions are due by July 2nd. Please fill out form below.
• All works entered must be original concept and design. No prints or works done in a class or workshop that are images or designs of other artist should be submitted. Photography must be of fine art quality.
• All entries uploaded should be in digital jpg format if possible, no larger than 3 MB or smaller than 1 MB.
• Artists may submit up to 2 entries: none, one, or both may be chosen for the exhibition.
• Please Label each image you submit in the format:
• Last Name, First Name_Title of Work, Medium, Size
• (eg: Doe, John_ Flying Fish, Oil on Canvas, 16 x 20 )
• STANDARD FEE- $10 per image due at the time of drop-off payable by cash or check. Drop off date will be July 8th.
• PRESENTATION STANDARDS:
• Two dimensional pieces must be framed or have a finished gallery edge and be ready for hanging. Wire hanging system is preferred over sawtooth hangers. Works dropped off without anyway of hanging may be disqualified and not be hung in the exhibition.
• Three dimensional, sculpture, clay, fiber, etc. works are encouraged and on occasion may need to be accompanied by appropriate stands that will be returned.
• NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE - If your work is accepted you will be notified via the email you include on your application on June 4th.
• SALES-All artwork submitted should be for sale. The artist agrees to pay a 30% commission to 6th Ave Art Studios When a piece is sold while on exhibit in the gallery, or as a direct result of being displayed at the gallery, the Artist will receive 70% of the sales price and the 6th Ave Art Studios to receive 30%. If artwork is sold by the Artist during the exhibition, the Artist agrees to the said commission rate to 6th Ave Art Studios .
• LIABILITY- The artist understands that no insurance is provided for any artwork in the exhibit and is the sole responsibility of the artist. Submission of work constitutes an agreement in which the artist agrees to hold harmless the 6th Ave Art Studios’ Volunteers from any liability in connection the works of art while on exhibit except for gross negligence.
• The artist gives permission to 6th Ave Art Studios to use photos of displayed artwork in any promotional materials.