Mixed Media Collage Workshop at Mount Dora Center for the Arts
March 4 -April 8, 2013
Mondays 10:00 am to 12:00 pm - for 6 weeks
Learn the joys of mixed media collage! The workshop will address working with papers, fabrics, found objects, and past art work. The materials used will be the choice of each student, but students are encouraged to incorporate some of their own prior art work into new pieces. The objective of the work shop is to explore new mixed media techniques and excavate each student’s authentic voice in their art.
Members $195 Non-members $225
- Wood panel, canvas board or heavy paper at least 24” x 24” to use a base.
- Fabrics- cotton, batiks, polyesters, scraps, curtains, tablecloths, linens, new and old that speak to you.
- They don’t have to be perfect, just smooth.
- Papers -patterned, tissue paper, wall paper, wrapping paper, maps, old book pages, paper napkins that you love.
- Found Objects- old letters, keys, pressed dried flowers, ribbon, stamps etc
- Prior art projects that you are willing to let go of- watercolors, drawings, paintings, photographs…anything except oil paintings.
- Matte medium – at least 16 oz.– I love Utrecht acrylic matte medium
- Soft vine charcoal, soft charcoal pencils
- Workable or UV charcoal spray fixative
- Acrylic or latex paints
- Brushes including 2” finch or house painting brush for applying matte medium
- Scissors and exacto knife